Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A little crisis of faith

Our neighbours, an orthodox shia family, sent word a few days ago that I MUST come and visit because they have found a "miracle" in their house. Now I am not very chummy with any of the illustrious sisters so I found the command rather strange. Khair, I went after twenty or so days, basically to apologise for not having attended the majlis at their place the previous day.

The women of the house were absolutely thrilled and couldnt stop talking about the miracle in spite of my puzzled, dazed expression. and their mom used very strong words to chide me for not making it earlier.

The miracle: A glass jug has fogged up and there are multiple 'shabeehs' to be seen/made out in it. There is one big shabeeh that resembles a man with long hair. They think it is Imam Hussain visiting their house. By the way, they got three molvis, one visiting scholar from iran to verify that miracle.

The crisis: I think it looked like Jesus Christ. :-P They are related, aren't they? And they are both middle eastern, no? Who knows if they resembled each other?

So they told me to spread the news to all my shia friends. And that's the bit I am the happiest about. I just mentioned it to some of my shia friends, never thought it was a big deal. and now there is this sudden surge in my popularity 8-) One of my friends who had been planning to visit me since 2005, showed up at my doorstep within 6 hours of getting the news!

I am now thinking of spreading the word to my Christian friends too.

I vaguely remember reading about such things happening in Christian homes too. but cannot figure out the correct search terms to look it up. I think its a function of the brain which makes it see familiar objects or faces in random things and the fog showing faces.

so things are exciting for now :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment